Monday, August 4, 2008

Pram down! Pram Down!

About four days ago, our double pram (read:twin stroller) arrived. This represented a significant improvement in Amy's mobility given the challenge of transporting two toddlers around on foot.

Yesterday we had our weekly trip to the grocery store. Thus far this has been characterized by Quinn screaming his lungs out as I drive white-knuckled through the roundabouts on the wrong side of the road. Yesterday was much better because the learning curve for driving around here is as steep as the local hills and I now whip around with the best of them. I digress; more on driving at a later date.

Given our past experiences in the grocery store, it was decided that I would take the kids on a stroll around town in the pram while Amy shopped. It was windy and fairly chilly (but no rain, at least not that afternoon; our streak of days with significant rain continues unabated at 17.) Amelia got cold and I gave her my sweater, which Quinn proceeded to puke on. Amelia then had to pee (twice) and there aren't any readily available loos in that part of town, so I decided to train her for Mardi Gras and helped her pee in a secluded corner on the sidewalk. After about 45 minutes of passing the time in such colorful fashion, we made it back to the car and I strapped both kids in and headed off to meet Amy at the front of the store.

You may have noticed that I didn't mention picking up the pram and loading it back into the car. That's because I left it on the sidewalk, and this represented a significant decrease in Amy's mobility given the challenges of transporting two toddlers around on foot.

At least the rain cover for the "old" pram fits on the new one...

4 comments:

Fries said...

Insert wife foot into husband butt.
Repeat until done.

AuntFaith said...

Did you say you went back to look for the pram(?)Perhaps the thief saw the Mardi Gras "pee" training and wanted you to feel at home. I hear Pram Scams have risen in New Orleans. Might as well blame it on Katrina..tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Will a new pram be arriving soon? We're all waiting for the next installment of the BIT adventure...

Casey said...

Haha! I love the comment about Mardi Gras training. Ah, the secluded corners I've seen in my life...