Saturday, September 27, 2008

We're not gonna take it...

I've had the chance to listen to some Kiwi radio by now and I've found it to be an interesting smorgasbord of sound. The 80's evidently made their mark here in NZ because I've been treated to more than my fair share of old school rock and I've learned something about myself in the process. For example: I hereby confess that I like many of Bon Jovi's songs. There, I said it. When they were first popular, I was rocking to Guns N' Roses, dude, and I wouldn't have admitted that I liked this guy for a million bucks.

Other blasts from the past: remember the theme song to "The Greatest American Hero?" Heard that bad boy on the radio the other day. Twisted Sister is still as catchy as it was back in '84, and Phil Collins holds his own but only in small doses.

Re: modern music; they really like Coldplay. As in really, really like it. Hit the "scan" button on the radio and you'll probably just switch from one Coldplay song to another. This is a very effective form of torture and I often prefer to simply drive in silence rather than being Colplayed into oblivion.

On a very positive note (for me, anyway), they are also infatuated with The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica. Incidentally, all of the above music can be found on the same radio station.

Editor's note: please pardon the dearth of postings. We haven't been up to much lately. Should the weather hold, we'll spend a day this weekend hiking in the spot where Rivendell (from The Lord of the Rings) was set.

No comments: