Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Brief Update

Well, we made it. I've been saying that a lot lately. First was the long haul from NZ, then a few days of R&R at Amy's parent's house in WV to recover a bit. Next was a 5 hour road trip to Portsmouth to stay with our friends Sarah and Danny while we recovered some more. We moved to an apartment with my parents for a week while we searched for houses, and we've finally settled (at least for the moment) in yet another apartment while we continue our search for a home. I failed to mention that I had to make one road trip back to Charlottesville to euthanize Nelson (our Rhodesian Ridgeback) and another to move our furniture down here.

So, after almost a month we finally have a place to call our own. It hasn't been the easiest transition but everyone's holding up well and we're in good spirits. There have actually been a lot of fun times in the past month and we're getting to spend a lot of time with friends these days.

We're starting to get re-acclimated to life in the states, too. I remembered to tip at dinner tonight and I'm having fewer instances of turning on my windshield wipers when I go for my turn signal. And no, I haven't been driving on the wrong side of the road (though I probably would have gone the wrong way on our city's only roundabout if I hadn't seen someone else do it first).

More posts to follow in the near future. Thanks to everyone who helped us with the move!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce - Glad you are going to keep up with this. I am anxious to hear if you have started your job, how you like it, if it is as you had expected and see some pics of your beautiful new city - from what I have seen via the internet - it looks very picturesque!!
Hope everything is going well with you all!
Love,
Melanie