Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Can Be Pretty Rough Sometimes...

Though, thankfully, now is not one of those times. Well, ok, maybe it is with respect to my bank account and the global economy, but I'm going to postpone thinking about that for a bit. Amy's parents are in town and we're heading off to the South Island to show them around for a week.

It's hard to believe, but I imagine this will be our last trip down South for a few years. I don't have much vacation left and we're planning to use that to see parts of the North Island a bit down the road. We've reached the point now where we need to make a list of stuff we really want to do before we head home. Wild.

Oh, by the way, I haven't mentioned that I signed a contract to work at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, VA. We'll be heading back to the States in mid-May and I'll start work in June. This trip has been fantastic (and it ain't over yet) but we can't wait to see everyone in a few months!

Time to work on that flip-flop tan some more.

2 comments:

Sarah Bell Van Orman said...

I was in a meeting today staring at a map of the world on the wall and wishing we could be back in NZ with you all!! Have an amazing time on your last trip down South :) Yay for Portsmouth!!!!!! xoxo Sarah

Unknown said...

That's where I had my wisdom teeth removed. DVO and Sarah must be so excited!

I'm enjoying reading your beautiful blog, and seeing the beautiful pics of your beautiful family!

-Carly Van Orman