Saturday, July 5, 2008

Leaving is Painful

.















This week has been interesting. For the most part, it's been better than I expected because we've somehow managed to stay on schedule. It hasn't all been easy, though; we've had to tell a lot of friends and family goodbye. It's been wonderful living in C'ville for the past 6 years and it's sad to leave everyone, even if it's only temporary (we keep telling ourselves that).

I also managed to smack my hand into my cactus while repotting it and drove a few thorns right through my fingernails. Undeterred by my experience, my buddy Shawn of positoid fame agreed to babysit my cactus while I'm gone. Only later did it dawn on us that out of all of my friends, I picked the hemophiliac with AIDS to take care of the cactus. Shawn appreciated the irony.

No comments: